Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 2: Shots and Snuggles

Okay, okay...it's not what you think. I have not consumed a shot since my bachelorette party two years ago. However, Miss Sophia was subjected to her 4-month vaccinations yesterday. She was a total trooper and cried for only about 10 seconds, but the shots did cause her to feel a bit "ugh" the rest of the day. I, therefore, had to sacrifice my run to comfort her. No problem, since "Sophia snuggles" are the best thing in the world, but I was sad to skip a day so early on in my training. Sigh - oh well, that's motherhood for you!

As far as my dietary journal is concerned, I won't bore you with over-the-top detail, but I will give you the highlights:

Mediterranean Chicken Platter (HOLD the chicken!)...My father wittingly commented, "That's like ordering the 'filet mignon' hold the 'filet'" - Maybe so, but without the chicken the platter is still a hearty combination of hummus, avocado, cucumber, tomato, kalamata olives, and feta cheese......Mmmmmmm!

For dinner: A delectable "fruit and cheese fantasia" platter inspired by the oh-so-delicious "Pita Jungle".

Running today...I promise! Will report tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment