Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day: Anonymous

"What? Day: Anonymous?" you may be asking...

Well, after much consideration and loss of sleep over the matter (well, not really), I've decided not to assign days to my posts. Why? I've come to realize that my life hands me daily delays, detours, and unexpected blessings. Sometimes these little interruptions prohibit me from completing my daily run or my daily post. So instead of placing such heavy value on the "day" quantity, I will instead place more value on progress and accomplishments according to whichever variety they tend to happen. Now, don't get me wrong - this is not my ploy to become lazy and inconsistent in my efforts. No, I plan to practice everything I mentioned in my introductory post and do so more and more each day...I just need to approach my writing, ahem, blogging, in a more comfortable, sincere fashion. Okie dokie? Yep, I just blogged "okie dokie"...

As for today's achievements??? Another 3-mile run in the FiveFingers - whoop!whoop! However, today was a bit rougher and a bit more forced. I'm still trying to figure out my optimal time during the day for effective running. Will keep you posted once I figure it out...

On the menu:

Breakfast - Organic whole grain mini bagel with cream cheese (oops!)
Lunch - Banana, kiwi, apple smoothie made with almond milk
Dinner - Possibly appetizers at my most favorite Vail restaurant, Kelly Liken. Don't worry! I'll make health-informed choices while dining out and vow to uphold my vegetarian promise. Kelly makes it easy to eat well at her restaurant, for she prides her menu on locally/regionally produced food (often organic)....so, there!

Oh, P.S. Please notice to the left side of my blog I have posted a new link to "Food Matters". Find a good time to visit the site...very interesting stuff!!!

Until tomorrow (or whenever it is that I post again), VIVA BENE!

1 comment:

  1. i think that's a great idea leigh ann, take the pressure off of a daily post, i just caught up on all your post (thx 4 the e-mail!) i can't wait to get home to a blender you make me want a fresh smoothie sooo bad. i love being a vegetarian too, looking forward to trading recipes w/ you once i'm home (t-3weeks!) love you! xoxo keep up the good work, way 2 go on the 3 mile run girl!!

    ReplyDelete